Friday 14 October 2011

Footprints on the sand



    Once a devotee was deeply grieved and was praying to God with tears in his
    eyes. While he was weeping uncontrollably, he sort of fell into a trance,
    and all his past memories came flooding into his mind. He saw that he was
    walking along a sandy beach while his past life unfolded before his eyes.
    The devotee saw that besides his own, there was another set of footprints
    moving along with him.
    He called out, "Who is walking along with me?God replied, "It is Me, My child."
     

    The devotee was relieved and overjoyed that throughout his life God was
    there with him. But as he moved on, he saw that during the most challenging
    times of his life, the darkest parts of his life, there was only one set of
    footprints.In agony he called out, "But Oh Lord, why did you leave me alone, during
    the most difficult times of my life?"God replied, "Why my child, I have never left you, and I shall never leave
    you. you are My very own."The devotee said, "Then why is there only one set of footprints?"*God replied, " THEY ARE MINE. AT THAT TIME YOU WERE IN MY LAP AND I WAS
    CARRYING YOU..."

No comments:

Post a Comment